What to do today
We will post a new activity every day.
Activity 54: Dance with the people you live with
No rules just get dancing, learn a routine, freestyle, have a dance off, just have fun. Here are some videos to inspire you to get dancing.
Activity 53:Make a self portrait or portrait of someone you live with.
You will need:
Drawing tools- pencils, crayons, chalk, pastels, pens
Place yourself in front of a mirror in a position where you can draw. Have your paper in front of you on a table, tray or even a book.
Fold a piece of paper into 4. Open it out
Make 4 quick drawings of yourself. No rubbing out just draw. 1 minute each drawing.
Look at what you have done and think about what you like, what works best.
Take another piece of paper and make your drawing.
Here are some examples.
Watch Grayson Perry's Art Club to Learn more.
Here are some more examples of Self Portraits, done by children, teenagers and famous artists.
Activity 53: Food in Film Quiz
Can you name all 24 films and the 24 meals they're eating in them?
Activity 52: Make a Memory Box
Put things in your box to remember this time of the Coronavirus. They could be poems, wishes, secrets, precious objects, photos, messages to yourself, things you have collected like shells, jewels, buttons…
(I have chosen to make my box about birds.)
You will need;
Cardboard from an old box
Decorative paper to cover your box- old wrapping paper, tissue paper, old photos etc
PVA glue + old pot (mix half glue to half water)
Things to put in your box.
For the lid fastening
(optional) A small stick, string, elastic.
1. Draw and cut out six 10 cms squares of cardboard.
2. Tape the squares together to make a box.
3. Keep 1 square as the lid, tape only on 1 side.
4. Make sure your box is strong but don’t worry about gaps as they are going to be covered up.
5. Choose your paper to cover your box. Tear it into pieces. If you use big pieces it is more difficult to glue on smoothly.
6. Papier mache the inside of your box first. Bring your paper over the edges. It is best to leave the inside to dry before starting the outside.
7. Paper mache the outside of your box.
8. Put 2 holes in the lid of the box using a sharp pencil
9. Wind some string around the piece of stick. Thread the string through the 2 holes and tie in place on the inside of the box.
10. Cut a loop of elastic long enough to circle the box. Thread through the 2 holes and tie in place on the inside of the box..
11. Loop the elastic around the box to close the lid.
12. Fill the box with whatever you like.
Activity 51: A.P.P.L.E's Guacamole with a twist
You may not like all the ingredients but mixed together you will love this.
1. 1 large ripe tomato
2. 2 cloves Garlic
3. 2/3 Avocados depending on size (Very ripe)
4. 1 lime or Lemon
5. 1 small red onion, finely chopped
6. 2 Jalapeño or 1 Chilli (or 1/2 tsp Chilli Flakes) you can make it as spicy or as mild as you like.
7. Handful of Cheddar Cheese grated
8. Salt and Pepper
9. Tortilla chips, to serve
1. Tie back your hair and wash your hands
2. Peel and crush Garlic and place in mixing bowl.
3. Finely chop onion, tomatoes, and Jalapeno or Chilli, removing the seeds. (Always wash your hands after cutting Chilli and be careful not to touch your eyes) Add to mixing bowl.
4. Halve and stone the 2 avocados and use a spoon to scoop out the flesh into a small bowl then mash.
5. Add the Avocado, Cheese and juice of 1 lime into your mixing bowl then taste and season with salt and pepper, you can add more spice if you like.
6. Eat straight away with Tortilla Chips as it will start to brown.